What's the Shape Academy? Here we have the answers to the most frequent asked questions
Who is my employer?
- QParks is the leading provider for snowpark concepts in Europe and has established itself as the major promoter of the European freestyle scene over the last ten years.
- Funslopes are an innovative and important snow terrain concept for both mountain railways and tourism operators. Funslopes combine elements from snowparks and cross and offer to young and older visitors their first fun, easy steps into the possibilities of the freestyle world.
When will I be assigned to a project?
- In autumn. We expect our employees to be flexible, as we cannot take into account personal preference regarding the destination resort. Please bear in mind that you may be relocated during the season.
How old must I be?
- You must be at least of age (eighteen years old).
Do I need previous job experience in shaping?
- Absolutely not! Within the Shape Academy, the basic formation, as well as further training, is all up to us.
Do you also accept women?
- Of course!
What is the extent of work I am going to do?
- Shapers are employed part-time and are required to work between 75 and 100 hours per month. The staff in a managerial position (head shapers, project leaders, park designers & snow groomer drivers) works between 100 and 180 hours per month.
Is accommodation included?
- Accommodation for staff only within the resort will be provided.
- NOTE: No pets or animals whatsoever are permitted!
How long will I be employed?
- From the beginning of December till the mid/end of April, depending on needs and snow.